Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Church Kids Camp


It has been a really long time.
So,
I think I'll start at the beginning.


Meet Vlada, Iv'e always known Vlada as the girl with the flower in her hair. Then I finally met her, for real, at Urban Camp --- HOLD UP. OK.FINE.SO, I didn't start at the beginning, y'all are all like WHAT URBAN CAMP?!?!?! Tell us more. I know I haven't even shared about that yet. But I will get around to it, baby steps ok? Baby steps to the computer, baby steps to blogging, I'll get around to it ok? Back to Vlada--- So then we went to the movies, hung out and we both ended up helping at this kids camp.

It's kind of weird for me to be blogging about my friends, cause I mean, it is like you telling me about what you did today in school. Like its normal and slightly dull for outsiders, but for some strange unorthodox bizarre reason you guys like to hear about it.

So when I hangout with Vlada she speaks russian and I speak english. It's an unspoken rule, its just simpler that way. If something isn't understood we explain it....or try to.  She still doesn't get the point of splitting gum, but I think that's just her russian менталитет mentality.

So helping at Church Kid's camp, me and Vlada were part of the craft team, so we taught the kids how to make little sock animals! Which was great and all, but I swear, in the future when my kids ask me why I never made them stuffed animals I will mutter under my breath *twitch* 'Vlada...Camp....children...never again' 





So we did sort of like a V.I.P. thing at camp, where each day 3 kids get their dreams come true. Such as what Marina, Vlada and I did. We took them to the zoo....well, me and Vlada painted the masks and Marina made the animal noises it was actually pretty neat. (<<< excuse my writing. It is phrases weird. and different. Russian and english are mixed for me right now. So realistically I can't speak either.)


Marina ^^^

 
^^^ Believe it or not, Madi Hayes did that to Vlada's hair. amazing.
Vlada, and my two Sveta's they helped with crafts as well :))))

These are two of the funniest little girls you will EVER meet. They are amazingly spontaneous, and equally exciting, I didn't have one boring conversation with these girls.


SAY HELLO.
TO MY FAVORITE PART OF CAMP.
Ok, one of my favorite parts.


Painting people into bloody tangled messes was just, just so fun. So fun. The game 'Plane Crash' let us cover all the staff in paint and napkins to create a bandaged fleshy look, they then ran and hid in the woods. The kids split into teams had to find their counselor and other necessary items of survival (kettle, shovel, toilet paper, etc.)  



Marina's craft was flower headbands, and by far everyone's favorite! (<<< such a classic grade book statement. who even says a sentence like that??) 





So the painting was pretty popular, for games and just for fun. the last 2 days of camp I couldn't walk 3 steps outside my tent without having kids beg me to paint them. No it was not real face paint. I know, I know, welcome to RUssia. 



RANDOM 
RANDOM
RANDOM
PERFECT
WAY
TO
END
A
POST
(^^^^ ACTUALLY, It is the lazy way to end a post, but ssshhhhhh don't tell Madi that)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?