Wednesday, January 18, 2012

365- Pizza Night and TashE


6. Pizza Night



If you think that buying pizza crust, spaghetti sauce, and grated cheese (you don't even have to grate your own cheese in this country) at your grocery store and throwing it together is a homemade pizza, your pizza isn't going to taste all that heavenly.
I get the feeling Pizza Night, is just like a missionary thing that we've all latched onto, a nice constant thing in everyone's unpredictable schedules. Here in Krasnodar pizza night is every Friday from 4 pm till everyone gets tired and crashes. Unfortunately here, we don't have many good pizza restaurants, and none that ever want to deliver to you. I’m talking raw bacon, this mozzarella looks like blue cheese-oh-that-can’t-be-good, kind of pizza restaurants. So we make our pizza, that means we make the sauces and we make the dough. Ok, correction, the Mothers, make the sauces and the dough, us kids sit back and do all the chopping. Ok. Fine, the only reason we did even that much was because Simon Bennett taught us to be helpful. We would have played outside the entire time and most likely forgot all about helping, what can I say, it’s the way of a child. Don’t mess with the flow.

My mom, Aunt Beth, and Aunt Jen, make THE best pizza I have ever eaten. I mean nothing compares, and that is NOT an overstatement. In all seriousness you will never want to go back to Papa Johns or Papa Murphy’s, little Caesars, whatever pizza you get. Just picture homemade herb crust, homemade basil tomato sauce, whatever topping you want, you’re making the pizza, you decide! And Aunt Beth’s homemade garlic butter dip? So much better then Papa John’s. You just put the word homemade in front of it and it’s already AMAZING. I wish I had more pictures of cooked, yummy looking pizza, but this is all I have maybe later. After all I’m going back to Russia in February : ) Bring on the Pizza Nights! Oh how I’ve missed you…



7. TashE


This is TashE, aka, Natasha Wilson. We all call her TashE, because a little kid named Silas started calling her that. It caught on :)
A few things about TashE, she has the most amazing hair that I am incredibly jealous of, I am not sure if I will be able to get over her hair. Taylor swift would be jealous of it. It’s all natural wavy and curly, gorgeous.
She is an awesome cook, ok this was years ago, but I remember she made these biscuit things for a Mad Hatter Tea party, SO good, she made the biscuits and the sauce on the inside and everything! It was fantastic! She makes amazing donuts too. And I know she can make pizza just as well as her mom, Beth Wilson.
Tasha is a good sport, she puts up with me making her sit still for hours reciting the lines to a short Audio Drama I wrote. She’s not one of those persons who has to have everything her way, she’s flexible, loving to do anything that makes the other person happy. You know unless that person was violent…and killing made them happy… she wouldn’t do that…..uhh….yeah, ok. Back on subject.
Tasha is hilarious. Sometimes it may be unintentional, but she has one of the greatest senses of humor I have ever seen in a person.
Best of all Tasha is a really great friend, and I am so grateful to have her. I can’t wait to see her again, it’s already been too long :( She is in Russia right now, doing her job, being a totally awesome MK :D see you soon TashE!



Tasha's biscuits picture credit, Sarah Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?