Sunday, January 29, 2012

Short Story Friday, on a Sunday.

So, I realized something yesterday, I forgot to put a short story up on Friday! I'd been looking forward to it all week but then just got so busy on Friday I totally forgot! I know you were looking forward to it too and I totally disappointed you. Well, you SHOULD have been looking forward to it, because it's a really great one. It is by my lovely cousin Emily, the spontaneous, funny....odd, child, that I am proud to be related too. Now, if I could only get her to stick with this story and finish it! She sent this to me January last year....without further ado,

Emily's Nameless Tale

The tall majestic oak trees cast cool shade over the lush thick grass In front of Grandma's humble weather worn, but comfortable looking house which sat proudly In the middle of the large expanse of hilly land. A small girl about 4 years of age swung happily from the old tire swing, as small speckled dots of light shown through the leaves dancing along her little strawberry-blonde head. She laughed joyfully as she ran to embrace her grandmother who sat in the rickety rocking chair that grandpa had made before his death. As they enjoyed the beautiful spring afternoon together, the little girl asked suddenly, “Grandma, do I have a daddy?" the old woman, startled by this question answered" of course deary, but I've told you before, I never got to meet him." she said with a long sigh. “I wish I could meet him too...I love you Grandma." She said with a quiet yawn as she lay her tired head on the old woman's ancient shoulder. 


Beep Beep Beep...the annoying beeping of my alarm clock rang out loudly. I groaned and reached my arm out to feel for the snooze button...what the...? My arms weren’t respondIng! I awoke in a panic and cold sweat. Then I realized this wasn't grandma's house. Surveying my surroundIngs I tried to pull myself from the hard white table my arms and legs were bound to. The room reminded me of a laboratory which I realized was probably correct. A thin man in a lab coat strutted proudly into the large room and looked at me. Walking over to me I looked fearfully into his pale, unattractive face. The dark bags under his black eyes hinted that he didn't sleep often. I cringed as he spoke to me "Well, I see you have finally regained consciousness. And they told me it was impossible!" He said, speaking rather to himself. I tried to respond but my mouth was having difficulties forming the questions that were swimming around in my groggy head. I finally managed to sqeak out "What is happening to me?" As a cold unfriendly smile spread across his face a shiver raced down my spine. As If waiting to answer this question of mine he nodded across the plain, white washed room where another table like mine sat in the middle of a closed- In glass case. And what I saw made me gasp as I looked into the face of the same girl I had previously saw swinging on the tire swing...at the old lady’s house...then it got to me I was in the glass case...a smaller me. Suddenly I blacked out.

By Emily Anderson

2 comments:

  1. What?! Emily, don't leave us hanging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a real writer
    I enjoyed reading this text

    پرواز بندرعباس

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?